Comments and feedback are always welcome!

(If I'm not here I'm probably at my photography blog)

Friday, 12 February 2010

Year of the Tiger

While chatting to my friend who lives in Hong Kong, he mentioned that it is the Chinese New Year on 14th February. And what else falls on 14th February? That's right! It's apparently quite a big deal as the last time these 2 days coincided was 57 years ago! So in tribute of this day I decided to draw a Valentine's Day Tiger, or a "Valentiger".
Colour pencil goodness, rawr :3

Although I prefer to draw realistic images, I didn't want to do something realistic for this. As much as I like simple designs and bold colours, I'm not really that good at making this stuff up so this took me a while to finish. There's a whole A4 page of my doodles, trying to figure out what the body shape, head shape, pretty much everything will look like. Of course I drew some inspiration from the internet, but Google Image Searching "tiger cartoon" was pretty uninspiring. Anyway, enjoy the Valentiger. Happy Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year!

1 comment: