EXIF says September 2010
Primed and ready to paint after 9 months...
If I remember correctly this was a random piece of packaging from the box of an electric kettle. When I first saw it the customising cogwheels in my head kicked in and I thought donut. So I primed it with gesso, with the intention of painting it to look like a donut. When it had dried I put it in a box and forgot about it. Then last week when I decided to start another painting for some reason the cardboard donut sprang to mind.
Two sides to a donut
The design was partly inspired by Stones Throw's Donut Shop, a 2 disc vinyl LP of J-Dilla tracks that has slipmats designed to look like donuts. I decided to paint a donut on each side so, if you feel like a strawberry glazed donut you can pretend to eat the glazed side. Or if you're in the mood for some sprinkles, the sprinkles side.
Donuts for the eyes and ears.
Doughnuts, donuts. Whichever you prefer. They are both tasty.




No comments:
Post a Comment